Since its establishment, the School of Nursing and Midwifery in East Africa (SONAM EA) has delivered highquality, affordable and accessible work/study programmes for working nurses. Our focus is to develop nursing and midwifery graduates dedicated to transforming health and improving lives.
We aspire to be:
- Leaders in nursing and midwifery education and research scholarship.
- A source of clinically competent, critically thinking nurses and midwives who positively impact the health outcomes of patients, their families and their communities by applying innovative practices and leading health system improvements.
- Builders of an active interprofessional health system anchored in productive educational and clinical partnerships.
- Contributors to innovative workforce reform through building new scopes of practice for nurses and midwives.
- A school that fosters unique approaches as we combine education, clinical practice and research across the nursing and midwifery workforce.