His Highness the Aga Khan will be arriving in Uganda on 8 October. This visit is part of a series of visits that coincide with the Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee which began earlier this year on 11 July. The Diamond Jubilee marks 60 years of his Imamat as the spiritual leader of the Shia Ismaili Muslim community.
The Aga Khan became the Imam on 11th July, 1957 at the age of 20 years, succeeding his grandfather, Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan. The Aga Khan is traveling to Uganda upon the invitation of the Excellency President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and will be attending the Independence Day celebration in Busheyni as a guest of the state. The Aga Khan will also meet with members of the Shia Ismaili Community in Uganda as part of his itinerary.
On 11 October, the Aga Khan will travel to Tanzania where he will meet with His Excellencey President Magufuli. Before departing Tanzania, the Aga Khan will meet with the Shia Ismaili Community in the country.
His Highness the Aga Khan's biography:
Frequently asked questions: Download
60 years of improving the Quality of Life:
- Portrait of His Highness the Aga Khan: Download
- Image gallery: 60 years of commitment to
improving Quality of Life for all View Download
- Image gallery: Initiatives of the
Aga Khan Development Network View Download
- Who is Aga Khan IV?: View Download
- The historic jubilees of Aga Khan III View Download
- AKDN improving the Quality of Life View Download
- AKDN in numbers View Download
- AKDN in Uganda View Download
- AKDN's impact in Uganda View Download